Two players from the Indian women's national team tested positive for Covid-19 a day ahead of the AFC Asian Cup opener against Iran on Thursday.
The team landed in Mumbai last week and have been undergoing preparations for the tournament, which India is participating for the first time since 2003.
An Indian football release stated, the players "are currently in isolation at a designated medical care facility."
It added, "The AIFF prioritises the health and safety of its players, and are following all the necessary health protocols as have been laid down by the AFC."
India takes on Iran at the DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai in a Group A game.
Latest on Sportstar
- Swiatek’s safety net on clay a big confidence booster
- French Open: Haddad Maia takes positives from best Grand Slam run
- Rory McIlroy will be ‘happier’ focusing on golf vs ‘board room’
- Over one million tickets sold for Women’s World Cup: FIFA
- Singapore Open: Srikanth, Priyanshu and Arjun-Dhruv make 2nd round exit to mark end of Indian campaign