Brazil attacker Willian will miss Sunday's Copa America final against Peru due to a hamstring injury.
Willian injured his hamstring in Tuesday's 2-0 semifinal win over South American rival Argentina in Belo Horizonte. The 30-year-old, who was drafted into the squad as a replacement for injured star Neymar prior to the tournament, was a second-half substitute against Argentina.
Now, Brazil — seeking its ninth Copa title and first since 2007 — will be without Willian for the decider at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed to Omnisport .
After routing Peru 5-0 on the third and final matchday in Group A, Brazil will lock horns with Ricardo Gareca's side again following its shock 2-0 win over two-time reigning champion Chile on Wednesday.
- Alcaraz shines in Mexico City as fans get a glimpse of world-class tennis
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Pujara rebuilds for SAU vs MUM; Padikkal nears hundred for KAR
- LeBron James’ business manager said he bet on NBA games through illegal bookie - report
- MLS suspends Vancouver coach Sartini for six games
- LeBron’s son Bronny James set to return after cardiac arrest