A late Roma equaliser spoiled Bayern Munich’s party in the Women’s Champions League on Tuesday, while Haecken held off Paris FC to claim a 2-1 away victory.
Group C got underway with a dramatic 2-2 draw between Bayern and Roma, thanks to a last-minute equaliser by Manuela Giugliano.
A 20th-minute strike by Jovana Damnjanovic and an own goal by Elena Linari four minutes into first-half added-time had the Germans cruising at the break.
But the Italian champions fought back in the second half through Evelyne Viens’ goal just before the hour mark and then Giugliano struck in the 90th minute to ensure the spoils would be shared.
In Paris, goals either side of half-time from Rosa Kafaji and Anna Sandberg ensured an away win for the Swedish side.
Julie Dufour converted a penalty three minutes after Haecken’s second to halve the deficit but with half an hour remaining Sandrine Soubeyrand’s side was unable to break down the visitors.
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: Root century helps ENG reach 302/7
- Barcelona has not given up hope of winning successive LaLiga titles, says coach Xavi
- Asian Cup-winning coach Lopez handed Qatar contract until 2026
- Leverkusen beats Mainz 2-1 to widen gap at top and set unbeaten record
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals