World Cup winner Steven Nzonzi signed for Al Rayyan on Tuesday, following James Rodriguez to the Qatari club coached by another French world champion, Laurent Blanc.
Al-Rayyan announced the signing without detailing the length of the 32-year-old French midfielder’s contract.
Nzonzi was out of favour at Roma which loaned him over the past two years to Galatasaray and Rennes.
He joined the Italian club from Sevilla after helping France win the 2018 World Cup. Nzonzi played in the final as a second-half substitute in France’s 4-2 win over Croatia.
Al-Rayyan is mid-table in the Qatar Stars League without a win in its first four games this season for Blanc, who was key to France’s 1998 world title.
Colombia playmaker James joined the club last week from Everton.
- BAN vs NZ: Mushfiqur Rahim becomes first Bangladesh batter out handling the ball, 11th overall
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info