Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has included his 18-year-old son Luca on his team’s preliminary squad for the UEFA Super Cup against Sevilla. Luca joins the squad as its third goalkeeper, filling the spot left open by Keylor Navas. Kiko Casilla is likely to start the match.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not join the team for tomorrow’s match in Norway. The winger is recovering from a left leg injury that knocked him out of the European Championship final won by his Portugal last month. Zidane also left Gareth Bale, Pepe and Toni Kroos off his squad for fitness or health reasons.
The Champions League winners’ attack will be led by Karim Benzema and Alvaro Morata. Zidane will have to discard two players from his preliminary squad of 20.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures