Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been named in Sweden's squad to face Kosovo and Greece in their October World Cup 2022 qualifiers, despite concerns over a knee injury that caused him to miss Euro 2020.
Sweden coach Janne Andersson has included Ibrahimovic, who will turn 40 on October 3, after his side slumped to a shock 2-1 defeat by Greece after beating Spain at home.
"I decided to include him because I hope and believe that he can be there and contribute. He has a period of injury behind him, but it's improving all the time," Andersson said in a statement.
The Swedes are currently second in Group B on nine points, four points behind leaders Spain and three ahead of Greece. They face Kosovo at home on October 9, with Greece visiting the Friends Arena three days later.
- Badminton Asia Team Championships final, India vs Thailand LIVE updates, IND 0-0 THA: PV Sindhu vs Supanida Katethong in Match 1, BATC 2024
- Late Rodri goal earns Man City draw with Chelsea
- Sri Lanka beats Afghanistan by 4 runs in thrilling T20 series opener
- Former South Africa player and coach Mike Procter dies aged 77
- Al Nassr vs Al Fateh HIGHLIGHTS Saudi Pro League: NAS 2-1 FAT; Ronaldo, Otavio strikes keep Al Nassr in title race