The Kia Classic, due to be played next month at the Aviara Golf Club in Carlsbad, California, has been dropped from the women's professional golf circuit this year and will return in 2021, the LGPA said on Friday.
The tournament, originally scheduled for March, had been moved to September 24-27 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We appreciate all of the efforts by Kia to try and make this event happen this year and we look forward to playing again at beautiful Aviara Golf Club in 2021,” LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan said in a statement.
The LPGA Shanghai tournament, scheduled for October 15-18 at Qizhong Garden Golf Club, was cancelled earlier this month because of health concerns and travel restrictions put in place due to the pandemic.
The LPGA returned from a 166-day hiatus at Inverness Club for the first of two consecutive spectator-free events in Ohio.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 237/2; Smith, Labuschagne at crease after Kuldeep removes Marsh
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals