Formula One drivers and PGA Tour golfers will compete next month in Netflix’s first-ever live sports event when they face off in a match play golf tournament at Wynn Las Vegas, the streaming company said on Tuesday.
Billed as a clash of wheels and irons, the roster for the November 14 event at Wynn Golf Club will feature eight stars from two popular Netflix sports series “Formula 1: Drive to Survive” and “Full Swing.”
Alex Albon (Williams), Pierre Gasly (Alpine), Lando Norris (McLaren), and Carlos Sainz (Ferrari) are drivers on the current roster, along with golfers Rickie Fowler, Max Homa, Collin Morikawa and Justin Thomas.
Four pairs consisting of one Formula One driver and one PGA Tour golfer will play an eight-hole match, with the top two teams advancing to the final hole, where they will battle for the chance to win the inaugural Netflix Cup title.
“Drive to Survive”, which has helped popularise the sport in the United States, is in production on its sixth season, while “Full Swing” is finishing filming on a second season.
- Catherine Dalton joins Multan Sultans as fast-bowling coach
- SA vs NED, World Cup 2023: Netherlands shocks South Africa to secure first win of tournament
- South Africa vs Netherlands highlights, World Cup 2023: NED beats SA by 38 runs
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after SA vs NED: Netherlands beats South Africa for first win; standings, Net Run Rate
- World Cup 2023 highest run scorers after SA vs NED: Rizwan on top, De Kock moves third