The Indian boys and girls’ sub-junior (U-16) hockey teams endured contrasting results on the final day of their maiden tour to the Netherlands.
While the boys beat the Netherlands’ U-16 side 4-0, the Indian girls lost 1-4 against the Dutch.
Rohit Irengbam Singh, Ketan Kushwaha, Rahul Rajbhar and captain Manmeet Singh Rai scored for the Indian boys team.
“This is a great way to finish off such a historic tour. The boys showed immense character and grit and the efforts that have been put in are unmatched. It’s a matter of pride to have produced such a fine show especially in overseas conditions,” Indian sub-junior boys’ team coach Sardar Singh said.
In the girls’ game, Kajal Jr scored the lone goal for India.
Former India captain and sub-junior girls’ team coach Rani Rampal, said, “The girls played their hearts out and that is exactly what is expected of them every time they step out on the field.
“There are a few areas for us to work on and this tour has given us exactly what we needed to identify our strengths and shortcomings.”
- PKL 10 Semifinal 1, Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates: Road to semifinal, head-to-head, all you need to know
- Namibia’s Loftie-Eaton scores fastest-ever Men’s T20I century
- Ranji Trophy HIGHLIGHTS, Quarterfinal Day 5: Vidarbha, Mumbai qualify for semifinal; to face Madhya Pradesh, Tamil nadu
- Murthal Magnets lift the Inaugural JSG Women’s Yuva Kabaddi Series 2024 trophy
- South Korea picks Hwang Sun-hong as interim coach to replace Klinsmann