Captain Harmanpreet Singh struck a brace as India stunned Olympic champion Belgium 5-1 to bounce back from back-to-back defeats in its European leg of the the FIH Pro League in London on Friday.
Midfielder Vivek Sagar Prasad gave India the lead in the first minute of the game, before Harmanpreet (20th and 29th min) scored twice from penalty corners.
Amit Rohidas (28th) and Dilpreet Singh (59th) were the other Indian goal scorers.
William Ghislain (45th) scored the lone goal for Belgium in the opening minute of the fourth quarter.
India had come to Europe as Pro League table topper but lost the opening game of the European leg to Belgium 1-2 on May 26 before going down to Great Britain 2-4 the next day.
India plays Great Britain again on Saturday.
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: South 165/3 (28 overs) Agarwal falls, Bhui joins Jagadeesan; East steady in chase vs Central
- ISL 2023-24: Jamshedpur FC signs Japanese midfielder Rei Tachikawa
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023: South Korea coach shuts down ‘hype’ over teenage US-born forward Casey Phair
- Marco Silva commits to Fulham after reported Saudi offer
- FIFA WWC 2023: Attack is Norway’s best medicine in World Cup, says coach Riise