Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday announced financial support of ₹5 lakh each for the bereaved families of former hockey players M. K. Kaushik and Ravinder Pal Singh , both of whom died of COVID-19 last week.
Both Kaushik and Ravinder were a part of the Indian team which won the gold medal in the Olympics in 1980. “We’ve lost two hockey greats to COVID. M. K. Kaushik ji and Ravinder Pal Singh ji ’s contribution to Indian sport will always be remembered,” Rijiju wrote on Twitter .
“As a gesture of support, the Sports Ministry is handing over ₹5 lakh each to the bereaved families. We stand with them in this hour of grief.”
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa LIVE score, KBFC 4-2 FCG, ISL 10: Cernych scores debut ISL goal and gives two-goal advantage to Blasters
- Indian sports wrap, February 25
- Gujarat Giants vs Mumbai Indians Live Score, WPL 2024: Yastika, Matthews off to flying start in 128-run chase
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr LIVE score, Saudi Pro League: When, where to watch Cristiano Ronaldo, SHB v NAS updates, Kickoff at 11:30 PM IST
- FIH Pro League 2023-24: India beats Ireland 4-0, ends Rourkela leg on a high