Former Brazil defender Anderson Polga was arrested Wednesday for allegedly failing to make child support payments.
Rio Grande do Sul police said the 44-year-old Polga was taken to a jail outside the city of Porto Alegre after a judge ordered his arrest. The amount owed was not disclosed.
Also Read: La Liga: Isco joins Real Betis as free agent
Polga’s lawyers did not respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press.
Polga was a member of Brazil’s World Cup-winning squad in 2002. He played in two matches during the tournament.
The defender played at Sporting Lisbon for almost nine years and retired in 2012 as a Corinthians player. He played for Gremio between 1999 and 2003.
- Australia vs Bangladesh LIVE streaming info, ICC World Cup 2023: When and where to watch AUS vs BAN WC match?
- Kamila Valieva doping case: Verdict to be given by January 2024
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: AUS v BAN Preview, predicted XI; Toss at 10 AM
- Euro 2024 Qualifiers: Calabria returns to Italy squad, Immobile misses out
- Father of Liverpool player Luis Diaz not leaving Colombia after kidnapping