All India Football Federation (AIFF) disciplinary committee has summoned Jamshedpur FC player Gourav Mukhi for personal hearing for age discrepancy at its head office on Saturday.
In the interest of fair play, the AIFF disciplinary committee based on prima facie seriousness of the issue has put the player under ‘suspension’ from participation in any AIFF events until a final decision is reached.
RELATED | Gourav Mukhi: Forever 16?
Mukhi came under the spotlight when he made his debut for Jamshedpur against Bengaluru FC on October 7 and was announced as the youngest player to score in the ISL as a 16-year-old.
It was later revealed that the forward was among the five players who were found overage in the Jamshedpur U-15 squad which lifted the 2014-15 Sub-Junior National Football Championship title. They were found to be “considerably overage” and the team was stripped of its title and levied a fine.
With confusion prevailing over his actual age, the All India Football Federation ( AIFF) released a statement addressing the same on Tuesday.
Jamshedpur FC player Gourav Mukhi who had earlier given a declaration that his DOB was 04/05/1999 has now submitted documents to the CRS system referring that his DOB is 04/05/2002.
- P.V. Sindhu: Bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships
- Bag with Paris 2024 security plans stolen - sources
- I feel proud that I was the first one to overcome the hurdles that woman athletes face: Karnam Malleswari
- ICC Test rankings: Yashasvi Jaiswal rises to 12th, Dhruv Jurel to 69th
- Organisers keen on cricket in 2026 Asian Games despite venue woes