Formula E will have its biggest calendar yet in 2024 after Italy’s Misano circuit was added as a replacement for Rome and the U.S. round in Portland was expanded to become a double-header.
Misano, a permanent circuit near Rimini on Italy’s Adriatic coast and a venue for MotoGP, will make its series debut with two races in April.
Rome was dropped because the new and more powerful Gen3 car introduced this season was deemed too fast for the narrow layout in the EUR district.
The 10th season of the all-electric world championship will feature 17 races.
“Misano will be a great new experience for everyone, while the additional race in Portland signifies our ongoing commitment to the US market alongside the potential for growth in the region,” said Formula E CEO Jeff Dodds in a statement.
- Morales Williams 400m indoor record won’t count: officials
- Mallorca beats Real Sociedad on penalties to return to Copa del Rey final two decades later
- Coach who tried to force Belarus sprinter home from Tokyo Olympics is banned for five years
- Djokovic thrilled to return to Indian Wells after five year hiatus
- FA Cup: Haaland hammers five as Man City thrash Luton