Retired Supreme Court judge Justice AM Khanwilkar will chair the 12-member Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna, Arjuna, Dronacharya award selection committee, sports ministry announced on Sunday.
The committee comprises of six eminent sports persons, including legendary former India hockey skipper Dhanraj Pillay, Olympian boxer Akhil Kumar, shooter Shuma Shirur, eight-time national champion paddler Kamlesh Mehta, who represents the Table Tennis Federation of India.
ALSO READ | Haughey wins 100m free in US Open meet record
Former Indian women’s cricket captain Anjum Chopra, shuttler Trupti Murugunde, who is a part of Mission Olympic Cell and Farman Basha of Power Lifting federation are also members of this panel.
Danik Jagran’s sports editor Abhishek Tripathi is the media representative, while SAI DG Sandeep Pradhan, CEO Target Olympic Podium Scheme Pushpendra Garg and Joint Secretary (MYAS) Prem Kumar Jha are the government officials in the committee.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: India claws back in Ranchi to complete a famous win
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: India records 17th consecutive series win at home
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: Jurel, Gill take India to five-wicket win
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 4 Quarterfinal updates: MP beats Andhra by 4 runs; Vidarbha 196 all out; Kaverappa picks six
- WTC 2023-25 Points Table Update: India extends lead at 2nd place after IND vs ENG 4th Test