The Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju had an unscheduled breakfast meeting with athletes and coaches at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here on Friday.
After a jog with the athletes, the Sports Minister tried his hand at javelin throw with encouraging results.
The minister interacted with the athletes and officials to know the requirements for improvement of facilities, infrastructure, training methods etc.
During breakfast with the athletes, the sports minister chose healthy foods like sprouts, corn, dalia and eggs.
He also interacted with the gymnasts during breakfast and enquired about the camp underway at the Indira Gandhi Stadium.
Archery coach and former player Limba Ram, and Olympian hockey player and former administrator MP Ganes were also present, sharing many stories from their playing days.
- Champions League: New Napoli coach Calzona plans reset for Barcelona clash
- Messi again in spotlight ahead of first full MLS season
- Haaland ‘shuts mouths’ as Man City closes on Liverpool
- Alcaraz retires with ankle injury in first round of ATP Rio Open
- World team table tennis c’ships: India women beat Italy to qualify for Round of 16