Virtually all the top-rung billiards players will be seen in action in the league phase of the Manisha National Billiards and Snooker Championship at the PYC Gymkhana on Friday.
Defending champion Sourav Kothari will take on Sonam Gurung in an opening match. Last year’s runner-up Siddharth Parikh will play Ajinkya Agnihotri.
World champion in different cue sport, Pankaj Advani, B. Bhaskar, Dhwaj Haria. Alok Kumar,Dhruv Sitwala, Rupesh Kumar, Brijesh Damani and Arun Agarwal will play their first league matches on a day when 38 matches have been scheduled on ten tables, with each match set to five games over 100 points.
The final will be played on next Tuesday, January 24. The tournament proper of snooker will start on January 27 and the final will be played on February 2.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: TN eyes early wickets against Mumbai; MP 47/1 in reply to Vidarbha 170 all out
- F1 2024: Mercedes’ hopes hit by cooling error in Bahrain
- Dybala scores again as Roma renaissance continues under De Rossi with win at Monza
- AC Milan winger Pulisic threatened and abused following fiery Lazio win
- MLS: Two each for Messi and Suarez as Inter Miami hit five past Orlando