Fehaid Aldeehani said his Rio Games gold was purely for himself after becoming the first independent athlete to become an Olympic champion.
Aldeehani won the men's double trap, beating Italian Marco Innocenti in the gold medal match on Wednesday.
From Kuwait, banned by the IOC over alleged government interference, the shooter is the first independent athlete to win Olympics gold, with three from Yugoslavia having won medals in 1992.
"My achievement is for myself. I would like to give my achievement to my country but we are banned," he said, "I consider this only for me."
The 49-year-old added: "Shooting needs a lot of experience. I look at the positives instead of the negatives so I see experience, not age."
Brit Steven Scott took out the bronze in the event.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: DD 5-12 PP, Sachin’s Patna Pirates leads Ashu’s Dabang Delhi takes in Eliminator 1 before Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Chennai on the front foot looking for the opener
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters