Adarsh Singh (Haryana) caused a major upset as he stunned his team-mate and fancied Anish Bhanwala to take the gold medal in the 25m rapid fire pistol event of the 62nd National Shooting Championships at the Vattiyoorkavu National Games ranges on Saturday.
Adarsh, also an international shooter but at the junior level, finished with a score of 30 points in the final series turning the tables on Anish, the Gold Coast CWG champion, by just a single point. However, Anish was quick with his retort as he won the juniors title at the expense of Adarsh, again with a difference of one point. Anish herein finished with a card of 33.
- India vs China Asian Games 2023 Football Live updates: IND vs CHN, Stimac looks for strong start in Hangzhou; streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE Updates, September 19: India vs China in men’s football; India takes on Cambodia in men’s volleyball
- Top five moments of 2018 Asian Games: From Neeraj Chopra’s Javelin gold to Korea’s historic unified team
- Olympic champion Jacobs splits with coach ahead of Paris Games
- Asian Games 2023: Why is Gurpreet Sandhu not playing for the Indian football team?