Mohd Asab and Ahvar Rizvi pipped the reigning world champion Ankur Mittal to win the men’s gold and silver in double trap at the 62nd National Shotgun championship at JDA Range on Sunday.
Asab shot 134 to beat Ahvar by one point, while Ankur shot 128, following poor scores of 23 and 24 in the second and fifth rounds, respectively. No finals were held as the event has been taken off the Olympic schedule.
Former Asian Games gold medallist Ronjan Sodhi was sixth with 126, while the reigning Asian Games silver medallist the 15-year-old Shardul Vihan shot 120 for the ninth place.
Ahvar Rizvi won the junior title, beating Shardul by 13 points. Prabsukhman Kaur and Pravjot Kaur Panesar of Punjab won the women’s and junior women’s titles, respectively. Yadavendra Singh of Haryana shot 91 and beat D. V. Seetharama Rao, the secretary general of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI), by three points for the veterans gold.
- Double trap
- Men: 1. Mohd. Asab 134; 2. Ahvar Rizvi 133; 3. Ankur Mittal 129.
- Junior men: 1. Ahvar Rizvi 133; 2. Shardul Vihan 120; 3. Vinay Pratap Singh 118.
- Women: 1. Prabsukhman Kaur 84; 2. Shalini Yashwant 75; 3. Anam Basit 73.
- Junior women: 1. Pravjot Kaur Panesar 66; 2. Anushka Singh Bhati 64; 3. Hitasha 60.
- Veterans: 1. Yadavendra Singh 91; 2. D. V. Seetharama Rao 88; 3. Mohd. Yaqoob 78.
- Cummins on ODI World Cup win: This Australian team has created its own legacy
- Transgender cricketer retires after ICC ruling
- Indian Oil Corporation stuns Railways in a thriller, wins Inter-Department National Championship
- West Indies squad for England ODIs: Holder, Pooran out; Uncapped Rutherford, Forde included
- Tamil Nadu’s Mareeswaran hopes to realise Olympic dreams through Senior Nationals Hockey tournament