It will be a young Indian team in the age group of 16 to 20 years that would compete in the Shotgun World Cup in Malta, starting with the women’s skeet on Thursday.
Even though it had originally selected the senior team for the three World Cups and the Commonwealth Games, at the start of the season, the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) opted to rest the seniors and had announced the same after the last World Cup in Changwon, Korea.
The decision was made in view of the important competitions ahead in the Asian Games and the World Championships. There were two sets of selection trials to select the team for the last World Cup of the season in the US apart from the Asian Games and the World Championships.
Thus, a 14-member junior team, comprising only of trap and skeet shooters, as the double trap has been eliminated as an Olympic event, would get the exposure in the big league in the Malta World Cup. Of course, some of the junior shooters, Anant Jeet Singh Naruka and Lakshay Sheoran, have already earned their berth in the main team.
Men: Gurnihal Singh Garcha, Vivaan Kapoor, Lakshay Sheoran, Anant Jeet Singh Naruka, Vrishankaditya Parmar, Manavaditya Singh Rathore, Ayush Rudraraju, Akash Saharan.
Women: Parinaaz Dhaliwal, Kirti Gupta, Soumya Gupta, Simranpreet Kaur, Manisha Keer, Ganemat Sekhon.
- La Liga: Squad woes continue for Spanish league leader Real Madrid
- Mumbai Indians IPL 2024 Schedule: MI full list of matches, fixtures, dates, venues, timings
- CSK IPL 2024 Schedule: Chennai Super Kings full list of matches, fixtures, dates, venues, timings
- RCB IPL 2024 Schedule: Royal Challengers Bangalore full list of matches, fixtures, dates, venues, timings
- IPL 2024 schedule announced: Full list of matches, fixtures, dates, venues, timings in IST