The Indian women’s trap team of Manisha Keer, Rajeshwari Kumari and Kirti Gupta gave a good account of itself before being beaten 6-4 in the gold medal contest in the team championship of the Shotgun World Cup which concluded in Cairo, Egypt, on Thursday.
It was the second medal for the Indian team, following the skeet team’s bronze.
Russia topped the medals table with five gold, three silver and a bronze. Croatia (2), Spain, Slovakia and Ukrain had won the other gold medals.
India was joint seventh with host Egypt, from among the 13 teams that managed to figure in the medals table.
Women’s trap team: 1. Russia (Ekaterina Subbotina, Dana Semianova, Luliia Saveleva) 6 (463); 2. India (Manisha Keer, Rajeshwari Kumari, Kirti Gupta) 4 (444); 3. Kazakhstan (Mariya Dimitriyenko, Aizhan Dosmagambetova, Sarsenkul Rysbekova) 6 (395); 4. Egypt (Maggy Ashmavy, Nourhan Elmeniawy, Sahar Talaat) 2 (405).
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant eyes gold in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh attacks Bumrah early after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold with new WR; Shiva Thapa in action, tennis results
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah in action
- Asian Games 2023: Esha Singh bags silver in 25m pistol women’s final, Manu Bhaker finishes fifth