Swapnil Kusale continued to assert his commendable grip over the rifle 3-position event as he won the second match with a 2.1 point margin over the Olympic quota holder Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar in the National shooting selection trials at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, on Friday.
Even though he qualified with a modest score of 1168, the same as Sanjeev Rajput who had beaten him in the final of the first trial by a slender margin to the top spot, Swapnil was in total control in the 45-shot final.
Qualification topper Niraj Kumar (1177) settled for the fifth spot, ahead of Sanjeev and Olympian Chian Singh.
Parul Kumar shot the second best score of 1171 in qualification and placed third eventually. Aishwary fought the final well, but had to be worried about allowing his qualification score slipping to 1163.
World Cup gold medallist Akhil Sheoran shot 1164 in qualification and placed fourth in the final.
The competition will continue with air rifle events for men and women from Saturday.
50m rifle 3-position: Men: 1. Swapnil Kusale 462.0 (1168); 2. Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar 459.9 (1163); 3. Parul Kumar 450.2 (1171)
- Manchester United vs Bayern Munich - a trip down memory lane of the historic 1999 Champions League final
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland