The Indian aspirations of a mixed skeet medal in the Shotgun World Championship fell short by four points as the main team of Maheshwari Chauhan and Angad Vir Singh Bajwa logged 92 points out of 100 in Moscow on Sunday.
While Angad had identical rounds of 24, Maheshwari had 21 and 23, as the duo placed 17th. In fact, there was a shoot-off with teams with the total of 96, and two got eliminated while deciding the top six for the finals.
The Asian champions Rashmmi Rathore and Mairaj Ahmad Khan reached a total of 90 for the 25th spot from among 41 teams. Rashmmi had identical rounds of 21 while Mairaj had two rounds of 24.
India had done very well to win a gold and two individual silver medals in double trap to be healthily placed below Italy, US, Australia and host Russia in the medals table.
- Pakistan team fitness was lowest priority for Babar Azam, coach Mickey Arthur: Hafeez
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16