The 78th SRFI HCL National Squash Championship will be hosted by the Tamil Nadu Squash Rackets Association (TNSRA) under the aegis of the Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) in Chennai, at the Indian Squash and Triathlon Academy from December 4 to 10.
The national championship returns after skipping one year due to COVID-19. This will be the sixth time Chennai will be staging this prestigious championship.
A total of 503 players registered across 24 states will participate with national titles in 11 categories at stake.
Joshna Chinappa, 18-time national champion, will defend her title in the women’s category, while Ramit Tandon has been given top billing in the men’s event.
Sunayna Kuruvilla, seeded second, withdrew citing a hamstring injury. Reigning national champion Saurav Ghosal has opted out after informing SRFI that he has had a long season.
On the eve of the nationals, SRFI Secretary General Cyrus Poncha said, “The federation is pleased to conduct the nationals after a year’s gap. This event usually brings out the best talents in our country. With so many young players performing on the international stage, I look forward to seeing how they do with our experienced players.”
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?