India's Neel Roy and Virdhawal Khade finished fourth and fifth respectively in the men's 100m freestyle category at the 50th Singapore National Age Group Swimming Championships. Singapore's Olympic champion Joseph Schooling took the top spot.
The Singapore Championships gains relevance as it presents an opportunity for the Indians to qualify for 2019 World Championships.
Virdhawal Khade, who pipped Schooling for gold in Singapore last year, will compete in the 100m butterfly event on Friday.
Meanwhile, India's Nina Venkatesh finished sixth in the girls 13-14 age category of the 200m backstroke event. Suvana Baskar, the other Indian in the fray in the 15-15 age category, finished ninth.
All the four swimmers are from Dolphins Aquatics, Bangalore, where Nihar Ameen is the head coach.
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- San Diego Open: Vekic, Yastremska advance to second round
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians