The Swimming Federation of India (SFI) on Saturday announced a 36-member Indian squad, including 9 women, for the aquatics disciplines of the Asian Games 2022, scheduled to be held in Hangzhou, China, from September 23 to October 8.
The squad has been picked up following the conclusion of the National Swimming Championship, held in Hyderabad from July 2 to 5, which served as the trials for the swimmers.
The 21-member swimming team included veteran star swimmers Sajan Prakash and Srihari Nataraj, among others.
The diving team has featured Siddharth Bajrang Pardeshi and Heman London Singh.
The federation has also announced a 13-member squad for the men’s water polo competition. However, SFI has not revealed the full details of the squad yet.
The federation will now require the approval of the Indian sports ministry to proceed with the squad. If the ministry clears the squad, it will be the first time since the 2006 Doha Asiad that Indian women will compete in the swimming competitions of the multisport continental event.
The swimming events will take place at the Hangzhou Sports Park Aquatics Centre.
- Uruguay vs Brazil Live Score, World Cup Qualifier: Lineups out; Neymar, Jesus start; URU vs BRA match updates; live streaming info
- Catherine Dalton joins Multan Sultans as fast-bowling coach
- SA vs NED, World Cup 2023: Netherlands shocks South Africa to secure first win of tournament
- South Africa vs Netherlands highlights, World Cup 2023: NED beats SA by 38 runs
- ICC World Cup 2023 Points Table after SA vs NED: Netherlands beats South Africa for first win; standings, Net Run Rate