Aryan Nehra of Gujarat broke the men’s 400m freestyle national record at the National Swimming Championship in Hyderabad on Sunday.
Lineysha A K of Karnataka’s 2:37.35 helped her clinch gold and break her won national record in the women’s 200m breaststroke.
Adding yet another record to her bag was Maana Patel, who erased her own NR of 1:04.33 in the women’s 100m backstroke. Maana won gold with a record time of 1:03.48.
Nina Venkatesh broke her own NR she set in the morning with a timing of 27.74 in the women’s 50m freestyle. She swam 28.01 in the heats, almost 0.32 seconds more than Divya Satija, who was the previous record holder.
Earlier in the morning, Karnataka also created a record of 8:40.89 in the 4x200m women’s freestyle finals, erasing Maharashtra’s 11-year-old record of 8:53.83.
Aryan, who swam a timing of 3:52.55 broke the record set by Kushagra Rawat in 2021 by more than a second to win gold. Rawat won silver in the event by clocking 3:55.45 and Aneesh S Gowda swam 3:57.86 for a bronze.
Aryan, who has booked his Asian Games 2022 and World Championships 2023 spot for the men’s 800m and 1500m freestyle, was neck in neck with Rawat throughout the finals, but overtook the Delhi swimmer in the last lap.
Lineysha’s previous national record was 2:39.38 in 2022 edition of the event.
- New Zealand vs Netherlands LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: NZ 177/2 (31); Mitchell, Ravindra at crease vs NED
- ICC World Cup 2023: Kuldeep Yadav says bowling with extra pace key to resurgence
- ICC World Cup 2023: England preps for Bangladesh challenge with Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran in the background
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023: Shubman Gill set to miss IND vs AFG match in Delhi, stays back in Chennai
- PKL Auction 2023, Season 10: Player pool; Full list of raiders, all-rounders, defenders; player categories; overseas and domestic