India’s Vivek Kohli and M.P. Singh have been elected as chairman and secretary general respectively of the Commonwealth Table Tennis Federation (CTTF). The elections were held in Bhubaneswar on Saturday, close to the venue of the Commonwealth Championships taking place in Cuttack.
Stag chief Kohli defeated incumbent Alan Ransome of England, who both secured 22 and six votes respectively.
M.P. Singh, who is secretary general at Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI), was unanimously elected as secretary general of CTTF.
The CTTF president’s post is already held by TTFI chief Dushyant Chautala. All the three positions in CTTF are being held by Indians for the first time.
- Swiatek, Federer and others congratulate Coco Gauff on US Open title
- Mo Farah caps competitive career with fourth-place finish at Great North Run
- IND vs PAK, Asia Cup 2023: What happens if play is called off on Reserve Day?
- Germany beats Serbia to win first Basketball World Cup crown
- Indian Grand Prix-5: Vithya clocks personal best; shocks Himanshi and Aishwarya in women’s 400m