The Indian men lost to Japan 3-1 in the team event quarterfinals (Championship Division) of the 24th ITTF Asian table tennis championships on Monday.
G. Sathiyan beat Harimoto Tomokazu 11-4, 11-7, 12-10, providing the lone point for India. It was a special win for the Indian as the 16-year-old Japanese prodigy is ranked fifth in the world.
Bad day for Sharath
Sharath Kamal lost both his matches, to Maharu Yoshimura 11-8, 10-12, 11-5, 14-12 and Harimoto 11-7, 11-0, 11-0. Harmeet Desai was defeated by Takuya Jin 11-7, 6-11, 11-6, 11-2.
The Indian men had earlier defeated Thailand 3-0 to enter the Championship Division. However, the Indian women bowed out in the first division, losing to Thailand 3-0.
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; India 5th with 22 medals
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Marsh, Warner attack in PowerPlay after Australia opts to bat vs India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold