Top-ranked Ashleigh Barty moved a step closer to her first clay title since the 2019 French Open, coming back from a break down in the deciding set to beat Karolina Pliskova 2-6, 6-1, 7-5 on Friday in the quarterfinals of the Porsche Grand Prix.
Pliskova served for the match at 5-4 up in the decider, but Barty earned five break points and converted the last of them to level the scores. The Australian then held to love and broke Pliskova again to win when the Czech sent a forehand long.
“That was an incredible match,” Barty said. “Just a really, really good battle.”
Pliskova's late slip meant she still has not won three consecutive matches since she reached the final in Rome in September.
This will be Barty's first clay-court semifinals of 2021 after a quarterfinal exit in Charleston. She will play either Elina Svitolina or Petra Kvitova in the semifinals.
- Inter Miami vs Orlando City LIVE score, MLS updates: Preview, predicted lineups; Kick-off at 3:00am IST
- Klopp dismisses Forest complaints over Nunez winner
- Frustrated Chelsea fans turn on Pochettino and owners
- Leicester stunned as Ipswich close gap in promotion race
- Premier League 2023-24: Darwin Nunez stoppage time winner helps Liverpool edge Forest, extend lead over City in table