Defending champion Switzerland has been drawn alongside former winners Czech Republic and the United States for the 2023 Billie Jean King Cup Finals, organisers announced on Wednesday.
The United States and the Czech Republic are the two most successful nations in the tournament’s history, having won it a combined 29 times.
Seville will host the showpiece women’s team event, which features 12 nations and will take place from Nov. 7-12. Teams will compete in four round-robin groups of three, with the four group winners progressing to the semifinals.
Seven-times winner Australia will battle it out with Kazakhstan and Slovenia, while host Spain, Canada and Iga Swiatek’s Poland make up the third group for the event.
Fourth seed France, which has won the tournament three times, has been drawn with four-time winners Italy and Germany.
Latest on Sportstar
- Formula 1: Verstappen wins Spanish GP to continue Red Bull sweep
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: When and where to watch Benzema’s last game; Streaming Info; Predicted XI
- Norway Chess: Gukesh holds Carlsen, moves to career-high live rating
- Indian sports news wrap, June 4
- WTC Final 2023: Cameron Green hopes to bring in Rohit Sharma’s calmness in title clash