Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas of Uruguay were beaten 7-6(3), 7-6(2) by top seeds Henri Kontinen of Finland and John Peers of Australia in the doubles pre-quarterfinals of the ATP-500 event in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Bopanna and Cuevas collected €9,830 and no ATP points. The duo had beaten the same top seeds in Monte Carlo by saving a matchpoint in the quarterfinals, on way to the ATP Masters title last week.
Meanwhile, Davis Cupper Ramkumar Ramanathan knocked out the fifth seed, the 127th ranked Peter Polansky of Canada 6-1, 7-5 in the first round of the $75,000 Challenger in Tallahassee. Qualifier Prajnesh Gunneswaran went down fighting in three sets to Oscar Otte of Germany in the $150,000 Challenger in China.
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organization are not correct
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals