Vijay Sundar Prashant saved a match point and unleashed a crisp volley to beat Olympian Vishnu Vardhan 5-4 (6) to fetch a one-point lead for Stag Babolat Yoddhas, that proved decisive in the team’s 25-24 victory over DMG Crusaders in the Centena Pro Tennis League at the RK Khanna Stadium on Wednesday.
It was robust tennis of a high standard, and Vijay had done well to sustain the momentum for his team after Nishant Dabas and Vanshika Chaudhary had brought the teams on par in the second rubber.
Later, Ishaque beat Karan 5-2 to gain a precious advantage for the Yoddhas.
The cushion of three games proved hard to bridge for Crusaders, though it won the last rubber 5-3 through Rishi Kapur and Kashish Bhatia.
The slender win pushed Yoddhas to the second spot in group-B in the race for the semifinals, behind Bangalore Challengers which was well served by Aman Dahiya, Sai Samhitha, Niki Poonacha and Dilip Mohanty who won five of the six matches for the team for a thumping 28-14 win over Team Radiant.
In the other group, Indian Aviators was leading and Sapphire Superstars was second, slightly ahead of Sankara, in the qualification race.
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Toss at 7:00 PM, Live Streaming Info
- Statsman: Ashwin second quickest to reach 500 wickets in Test cricket
- SAI National Centres of Excellence to induct 200 para athletes: Sports Minister
- PKL 10: Rahul Sethpal - Haryana Steelers’ defensive wall stands tall in Pro Kabaddi League
- Turkish Women’s Cup 2024: India finishes runner-up after narrow loss to lower-ranked Kosovo in the final