Divij Sharan was beaten 6-4, 6-2 by Dominic Stricker of Switzerland in the first round of the $58,320 Challenger tennis tournament in Traralgon, Australia.
Divij, who has been seeded second with Christopher Rungkat of Indonesia in doubles, had won one match in the qualifying round in three sets against Patrick Fitzgeralad, to make the main event in singles.
In the ATP event in Adelaide, Ramkumar Ramanathan was beaten 6-4, 7-6(7) in the first qualifying round by the former world No.1 junior, who is ranked 103 among men now, the 18-year-old Holger Rune of Denmark.
Ramkumar will play the doubles in partnership with the former world No.3 Rohan Bopanna.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m
- Haddad Maia beats Sorribes Tormo in third-longest women’s match at French Open