Canadian titleholder Felix Auger-Aliassime eased past Gregoire Barrere to reach the Rotterdam ATP 500 tournament quarter-finals on Thursday.
The 22-year-old from Montreal dispatched the last French player standing 6-4, 6-3 to set up a meeting with Daniil Medvedev who beat home hope Botic van de Zandschulp 6-2, 6-2.
Number three seed Auger-Aliassime secured his place in the last eight on the back of a solid first service, firing over nine aces.
On court later is the intriguing last 16 showdown between Jannik Sinner, fresh from lifting the Montpellier title last weekend, and top seed Stefanos Tsitsipas.
Waiting for the winner is three-time major champion Stan Wawrinka who beat Richard Gasquet 6-3, 6-3 on Wednesday.
In other last 16 action, Australia’s Alex De Minaur faces American serve-and-volleyer Maxime Cressy and fourth seed Holger Rune takes on Gijs Brouwer.
- England vs Netherlands Live Score, World Cup 2023: ENG vs NED predicted playing XI; Toss at 1:30 PM IST
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- Cricket World Cup diary: Tendulkar’s statue, nightlife at Park Street and unstoppable Team India
- England vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch ENG vs NED match today?
- Saudi Pro League champion Al-Ittihad sacks coach Espirito Santo