Hsieh Su-wei of Taiwan and China’s Wang Xinyu won the French Open women’s doubles title on Sunday with a 1-6, 7-6 (7/5), 6-1 victory over US-Canadian pairing Taylor Townsend and Leylah Fernandez.
It was 37-year-old Hsieh’s fifth Grand Slam doubles title and second in Paris after 2014 which she won with another Chinese partner, Peng Shuai.
Hsieh and Wang were playing only their second tournament together after teaming up at Strasbourg last month.
More to follow...
- Bermuda international Hemp and former Kiwi all-rounder Adams to coach Bangladesh men’s cricket team
- Indian sports wrap, February 27
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: RCB needs 108 runs to win vs GG, Live Streaming Info
- Returning from injury, former India basketball captain P.S. Jeena is taking it one day at a time
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: No dearth of drama as India’s premier First-Class tournament heads into knockouts