Former world number one Andy Murray reached his first ATP quarter-final in two years on Wednesday with a straight sets win over Canada's Vasek Pospisil at the Moselle Open.
Murray, now ranked at 113, swept to a convincing 6-3, 6-3 victory and will face either top seeded Hubert Hurkacz of Poland or French player Lucas Pouille for a place in the semi-finals.
It will be his first appearance in the last-eight since winning his 46th career title at Antwerp in October 2019.
The 34-year-old Murray, who has undergone two hip surgeries in the last three years, broke the 66th-ranked Pospisil four times in his one-hour, 24-minute triumph to claim a fifth win in six meetings against the Canadian.
On Tuesday, Murray had defeated France's 26th-ranked Ugo Humbert 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 in the first round.
"This period has been the most tournaments I've played recently and my body feels good and I'm starting to gain just a little bit of confidence with each match," three-time Grand Slam title winner Murray told atptour.com.
"There have been times in the past year where I've been a little bit confused and not seeing how the points are developing which for me was always a strong part of my game and it made me feel quite uncomfortable on the court when I was feeling that way.
"I'm starting to get that back and the results are coming and my tennis is getting better."
Meanwhile, Pouille defeated another Canadian, Brayden Schnur 3-6, 6-4, 6-4.
Germany's Peter Gojowczyk, who made the fourth round of the US Open as a qualifier, beat French lucky loser Antoine Hoang 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
Second seed Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain enjoyed a 7-5, 6-2 win against Sweden's Mikael Ymer.
He will next face highly-regarded 18-year-old Danish qualifier Holger Rune who downed fifth seeded Italian Lorenzo Sonego 6-7 (6/8), 6-4, 6-4.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 148/1; Jadeja, Sundar help India control scoring rate
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 next
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit bows out in tennis QF; India 5th with 22 medals
- Shooting HIGHLIGHTS Asian Games 2023: Sift Kaur wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold - Hangzhou 2022 updates