Purav Raja, seeded fourth with Tristan-Samuel Weissborn of Austria, was beaten 6-3, 3-6, 10-8 by the Czech pair of Zdenek Kolar and Lukas Rosol in the doubles quarterfinals of the €44,820 Challenger tennis tournament in Croatia on Thursday.
In the ITF event in Egypt, top seed Saskumar Mukund sailed into the quarterfinals with a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Simone Roncalli of Italy.
Purav Raja -Weissborn duo in semifinals of Italian challenger
€44,820 Challenger, Split, Croatia
Doubles (quarterfinals): Zdenek Kolar & Lukas Rosol (Cze) bt Tristan-Samuel Weissborn (Aut) & Purav Raja 6-3, 3-6, [10-8].
$15,000 ITF men, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Singles (pre-quarterfinals): Sasikumar Mukund bt Simone Roncalli (Ita) 6-2, 6-1.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez