Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska beat Garbine Muguruza 6-7 (5/7), 6-3, 7-5 on Saturday to reach the championship round of the WTA Finals for the first time in Singapore.
The defensive tactician drew on her deeper experience to down the fast-rising Spanish star and will face either five-time Grand Slam winner Maria Sharapova or Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic in Sunday's final.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m