Ramkumar Ramanathan will not be in the main draw of the U.S. Open after going down to Italian Alessandro Giannessi 5-7 1-6.
The 21-year-old could not earn a break point in the match that lasted one hour and 16 minutes.
Ramkumar lost steam after a close opening set. The second set turned out to be lop-sided in which he lost his serve thrice.
Saketh Myneni is other Indian left in the draw. He will take on American Mitchell Krueger in the second round.
- Everton boss Dyche calls for sanctions to be applied in off-season
- Mexican Open: De Minaur battles past Tsitsipas for spot in semifinals
- Joel Embiid wants to play again this season, for the 76ers and US Olympic team
- Don’t question my commitment to United, says Rashford
- AC Milan owners committed to building new stadium