India's Sania Mirza and her doubles partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands lost their first-round match in straight sets at the Viking International Eastbourne here.
ALSO READ - Coco Gauff beaten by Sevastova in Eastbourne
The unseeded Indo-American pair lost 6-3, 6-4 to Christina Mchale and Sabrina Santamaria of the U.S. in a match that lasted an hour and 18 minutes late on Wednesday night.
The 34-year-old winner of six Grand Slams in doubles will pair up with Mattek-Sands in the women's doubles event of Wimbledon, starting on June 28.
Latest on Sportstar
- IND vs AUS LIVE Score, WTC Final 2023: Will Rohit feature in 50th Test for India vs Australia today? Toss, Playing XI, Dream11 prediction
- WTC final 2023: Kishan or Bharat as India wicketkeeper? Farokh Engineer weighs in
- WTC Final 2023: Oval pitch report; India, Australia playing record; key stats
- India vs Australia head-to-head in Tests: All the stats and records you need to know ahead of WTC Final 2023
- IND vs AUS WTC Final, London weather update LIVE: Will it rain on Day 1 at the Oval during India vs Australia match?