Anastasija Sevastova claimed the third WTA Tour victory of her career at the Bucharest Open with a comprehensive win over Petra Martic.
Sevastova had tasted defeat in her first final of 2018 in Mallorca last month, but after edging ahead on Sunday she never looked back, the world number 22 cruising to a 7-6 (7-4) 6-2 victory in Romania.
A captivating opening set saw both players struggle to hold serve, although Sevastova showed great battling qualities to save four break points in the 11th game.
The tie-break was more one-sided as the Latvian raced into a 6-3 lead, converting her second set point to move ahead in the match.
Martic's resolve was broken and Sevastova raced to the title, breaking her Croatian opponent twice to finish things off quickly – the second set taking less than half an hour.
- Video: MotoGP riders dance to Naatu Naatu at the Buddh International Circuit in New Delhi
- Ind vs Aus, 1st ODI: India beats Australia to dethrone Pakistan as the No. 1 ODI team
- IND vs AUS: Shami fifer, all-round batting effort help India beat Australia by five wickets in first ODI
- Premier League: Klopp expecting solid West Ham to be tricky opponents
- Redfern set to become first female umpire in men’s first-class game