Sofia Kenin and Heather Watson eased into the Coupe Banque Nationale semi-finals as the top two remaining seeds fell on Friday.
Kenin, the 19-year-old American, was too good for third seed Monica Puig 6-3, 6-1 in their last-eight clash in Quebec City. The fifth seed lost just six points on serve, cruising to victory in 55 minutes at the WTA International event.
Kenin will face qualifier Jessica Pegula after the American upset Croatian second seed Petra Martic 6-3 7-5.
The other semi-final will see Watson face eighth seed Pauline Parmentier. Watson beat wildcard Rebecca Marino 6-3 6-4, while Parmentier battled past Varvara Lepchenko 7-6 (9-7), 6-1.
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter
- Serie A 2023-24: Late Rugani goal gives Juventus 3-2 win over Frosinone
- Carabao Cup final, CHE vs LIV: Van Dijk nets extra-time winner as Liverpool beats Chelsea