Elina Svitolina and Garbine Muguruza both won on a comfortable day for the seeds at the Hong Kong Tennis Open.
Top seed Svitolina was involved in Tuesday's late match but had little difficulty dealing with the challenge of Priscilla Hon, recording a 6-2, 6-3 victory over her Australian opponent.
The Ukrainian provided a dominant response following early defeats at both the Wuhan Open and Chinese Open and, with defending champion Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova absent, will fancy her chances of taking the title.
Two-time grand slam champion Muguruza, making her Hong Kong debut, was also comfortable as she saw off Sara Sorribes Tormo 6-3, 6-1.
Daria Gavrilova, last year's beaten finalist, came from behind to defeat Zarina Diyas in a three-set contest, while sixth seed Wang Qiang cruised past Zhang Ling.
Zhang Shuai recorded a straight-sets win over Sabina Sharipova, as Samantha Stosur was beaten by Japan's Nao Hibino.
- Indian Oil Corporation stuns Railways in a thriller, wins Inter-Department National Championship
- West Indies squad for England ODIs: Holder, Pooran out; Uncapped Rutherford, Forde included
- Tamil Nadu’s Mareeswaran hopes to realise Olympic dreams through Senior Nationals Hockey tournament
- Hardik Singh ‘amazed and honoured’ after FIH Player of the Year Award 2023 nomination
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss