National Championship runner-up Arjun Kadhe was on Thursday awarded a wild card entry into the singles main draw of the Tata Open Maharashtra, joining Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Ramkumar Ramanathan in the main draw.
The 24-year old had knocked out Ramkumar in the first round of the KPIT-MSLTA Challenger for his best win of his career, in terms of beating a higher-ranked player.
“Kadhe has shown a lot of promise and Pune being his home should certainly be an additional motivation to do well here. We wish all our wild-card entrants the best of luck,” said Prashant Sutar, Tournament Director.
The ATP 250 event begins from December 31 at the Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune.
- Fernando Alonso feeling great after hinting at retirement
- Spurs’ Postecoglou issues social media warning as Sessegnon speaks out
- PSG held to goalless draw at Monaco
- Late Okafor strike earns Milan 1-0 win at depleted Lazio
- Bayern Munich concedes late equaliser in 2-2 draw with Freiburg