Dominic Thiem suffered a 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 loss to John Millman in the opening round of the Serbia Open on Tuesday in his first tour-level match in 10 months.
The 2020 US Open champion and former world number three had been sidelined with a wrist injury suffered in a grass-court tournament in Marbella in June last year.
The 28-year-old Austrian returned to action in the same Spanish city last month in a second-tier Challenger clay-court event where he lost in the first round. He tested positive for Covid-19 the day after that defeat.
Thiem, a two-time French Open runner-up and 2020 Australian Open finalist, has slumped to 54 in the world during his prolonged absence.
- Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal LIVE Score, ISL 2023-24 updates: Preview, stats, streaming info; Kick-off at 5:30pm IST
- FIFA U-17 World Cup 2023: France beats Uzbekistan 1-0 to enter semifinal
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 2: Karnataka, UP near wins; Rain stops Mumbai vs Kerala
- Chennaiyin FC vs East Bengal LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch CFC vs EB match; Preview
- Manchester City vs Liverpool: Head-to-head records, numbers, stats; Guardiola looks to draw level with Klopp