Caty McNally, a runner-up in women’s doubles at the last two US Opens, withdrew from the tournament on Friday because of an elbow injury.
Roberto Bautista Agut also pulled out, the tournament announced.
McNally, from Cincinnati, missed her hometown Western & Southern Open this week because of her injury. She lost in the women’s doubles title match in Flushing Meadows in 2021 with Coco Gauff, then last year with Taylor Townsend.
Her withdrawal moved fellow American Madison Brengle into the main draw and left Townsend as the first player out.
Yosuke Watanuki of Japan took Bautista Agut’s spot in the main draw, which begins August 28.
- Hyderabad to host IAU 50km World Championships and Half Marathon on November 5
- NZ vs PAK Live Score, World Cup 2023: Rains stops play; Fakhar, Babar put New Zealand under pressure in revised 342 chase; PAK 200/1 (25.2) needs 142 in 93 balls
- ENG vs AUS Live Score, World Cup 2023: England 8/1 (1)Starc strikes on first ball as Bairstow falls; Streaming info
- Most sixes in ODI World Cup innings: Fakhar Zaman becomes fourth batter to hit more than 10 sixes in one match
- SMAT Live Score Semifinal 2: Punjab beats Delhi by 6 wickets, Baroda needs 144 runs against Assam; Live Updates