India's Ramkumar Ramanathan lost to Kamil Majchrzak of Poland 7-6 (5), 6-3 in the second qualifying round at Wimbledon. World No. 111 Majchrzak took an hour and 19 minutes to claim the victory.
The World No. 154 is yet to qualify for the main draw of a Grand Slam tournament. The closest he came to making the main draw was in 2018 when he reached the third and final qualifying round at the Australian Open.
In the first round of the Wimbledon qualifiers, India's Ramkumar Ramanathan had beaten Lucas Lacko 6-3, 6-2 while Saket Myneni crashed out with a 4-6, 6-4, 5-7 defeat against Guillermo Garcia Lopez of Spain.
Meanwhile, the pair of Rohan Bopanna and Pablo Cuevas was beaten 6-3, 6-3 in the doubles quarterfinals of the Eastbourne International by the duo of Maximo Gonzalez and Horacio Zeballos.
At the Antalya Open in Turkey, the seeded second pairing of Divij Sharan and Marcelo Demoliner lost in the quarterfinals to Denys Molchanov and Igor Zelenay. Indian participation at the Antalya Open came to an end later in the evening as the Indo-French pair of Leander Paes and Benoit Paire were beaten 6-7 (11), 4-6 by fourth seeds Roman Jebavy and Philipp Oswald.
In the Aspria Challenger in Italy, Sumit Nagal advanced to the pre-quarterfinals with a second round victory over Laurynas Grigelis of Lithuania after receiving a bye in the first round.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Mumbai nears win vs Saurashtra; Padikkal scores 114 Karnataka; Punjab 251 all out vs TN
- LeBron’s son Bronny James set to return after cardiac arrest
- LeBron James’ business manager said he bet on NBA games through illegal bookie - report
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Know the coaches of all 12 teams
- Australia’s Matildas back netballers in pay dispute, says striker Simon