The Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) Friday warned the country’s grapplers against taking performance-enhancing drugs, making it clear that it will not be tolerated in future.
In yet another embarrassing doping episode for Indian wrestling, the under-23 Asian Championship silver medallist Reena had flunked a dope test, resulting in a provisional suspension.
“We have told all coaches, wrestlers & support staff that if any wrestler tests positive for a banned substance, then appropriate action will be taken,” WFI wrote on its Twitter handle.
“So please all keep in mind that we had to pay a big fine for this junior wrestler doping matter. We will not tolerate this in future.
“It’s a matter of national pride and wrestling future. Play with sportsman spirit and don’t take drugs, it will harm your future health also.”
Reena had won a silver in the 53kg category at the Asian championship, held in Mongolia in March. She had also won a bronze in the junior Asian championship last year in July, apart from winning a silver in the Asian cadet championship in 2015
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup